- Legal Degree
In order to apply for the LL.M. program you need a legal degree including 240 credits or a different degree comparable to the German legal studies program.
- Language Proficiency
The following certificates of German language proficiancy are accepted for applicants, originating from outside the German language area:
Other certificates, not included in the above list, must be verified seperately.
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang ausländischer Studienbewerber (DSH)
- Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF)
- Kleines Deutsches Sprachdiplom or Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom awarded by the Goethe Institute
- Zentrale Oberstufenprüfung of the Goethe-Institut
- final exam of a German or German language university
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom Stufe II of the Standing Conference of the Ministers of Education and Cultural Affairs
- final degree in German philology at a foreign university
Applicants for admission to the LL.M. Program must provide the following materials…
- Application for approval and 2 photographs
- typewritten résumé
- motivation letter
- legally attested copy of your final degree
- Summary of grades (Transcript of Records)
- Legally attested copy of your school diploma
- German langugage certificate
Additional living expenses of approximately 650 Euros per month apply as well as an administration fee (currently 279 Euros per semester), which has to be paid to the university each semester. Tuition fees of 500 Euros per semester apply for the LL.M. program.
Admission to the Master of Laws Program also includes registration as a student at the University of the Saarland. Students must register with the Student Registration Office (Studierendensekretariat).
The following materials must be submitted to that Registration Office:
- Authorization to attend the University of the Saarland
You will receive a document stating your being admitted to attend the University of the Saarland. This letter of registration must be presented once again to the Registration Office upon arrival in Saarbrücken.
- Law Diploma
Students must present their law diploma — if possible in the original.
- Health Insurance
Students must show that they are medically insured during their stay in Saarbrücken. If your present health insurance does not cover medical care in Germany, you must conclude a new insurance policy for coverage in Germany, otherwise you will not be registered by the university’s registration office. If your present insurance includes medical coverage in Germany, proper proof must be shown for exemption from the obligation to conclude a student insurance policy.
- Semester Contribution
Semester Contribution: At the time of registration a changing contribution to the students’ union is to be paid (currently 279 Euros per semester). Amount and transaction information. This amount includes the fee for a Semester Ticket, which allows students to use the whole network of transportation within the Saarland free of charge.